[ncl-talk] Time coordinate

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Jun 19 22:19:05 MDT 2016

Hi Guilherme,

The error message is indicating that that units of "time" are not set right
before you call cd_calendar. You said that you did explicitly set this, but
I can't tell from looking at the code how you did this. You need to look at
your "time" array every time in the loop, using "printVarSummary" to verify
whether or not you have the expected "units" attribute:

         time := f->$nome_var(0)$
         printVarSummary(time)         ; Check for valid "units" attribute
         YYYYMM := cd_calendar(time,-1)

You have this code in both the "if" and "else" parts of an "if" statement,
so you must do this in both locations.

For your second question, you didn't indicate exactly what the problem is.
Are you getting an error of any kind? Does the file simply not exist after
you run the script?  Please be explicit. Your code looks correct to me, but
without being able to run it, or knowing if there are any errors, it's hard
to help.

--Mary