[ncl-talk] confused about label bar

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 16 11:42:01 MDT 2016

Hello:

I am trying to create a label bar from scratch using the color table
"BlAqGrYeOrReVi200". I create 25 equally-spaced levels spanning
between 100 and 340 with an interval of 10. Using span_color_indexes,
I create 26 colors

Variable: colors

Type: integer
Total Size: 104 bytes
            26 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [26]
Coordinates:

(0) 3
(1) 11
(2) 19
(3) 27
(4) 35
(5) 43
(6) 51
(7) 58
(8) 66
(9) 74
(10) 82
(11) 90
(12) 98
(13) 106
(14) 114
(15) 122
(16) 130
(17) 138
(18) 146
(19) 153
(20) 161
(21) 169
(22) 177
(23) 185
(24) 193
(25) 201

I do not understand why the color bar only shows 25 colors and not 26.
Also, I thought that the location of the label "100" would be located
on the right edge of the firtst box on the left, as usually seen in
most examples on the Label Bar web page. Can somebody clarify what I
am doing wrong. The pdf is
/glade/p/work/laura/DATA/CERESdata/CERESorbits.2014-01-10_to_2014-01-14
(plot_CERES_SSF_XTRK-MODIS_Edition4A_original_data_markers.pdf) and
the ncl script is
CERES_SSF_XTRK-MODIS_Edition4A_Subset_plot_original_data_with_marker.ncl.

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler