[ncl-talk] NCL and El Capitan

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 03:12:18 MDT 2016

I have been having problems with NCL on El Capitan since months, but thought it was my fault. Now I’m starting to think there is some problem with the distribution.
I think the issues arise because NCL is compiled with a gcc version older than the one installed on El Capitan (6.1.0. vs 4.9.2). I also tried to set the environmental variables to a folder where I downloaded the older version of gcc but still get issues..

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/4.9.0/lib
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/gcc48/4.8.5/lib/gcc/4.8

I didn’t explore the issue since I usually run NCL on the cluster, but it would be nice to know if someone is aware of this issue with El Capitan.

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>