[ncl-talk] Unable to access rgb color database

Li Funing lifnju at 163.com
Tue Jun 14 02:16:42 MDT 2016

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have used NCL for about two year. Recently, I met a problem that a warning happened when I entered "ncl" and this made me fail to output figures. The warning is

"warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database - named colors unsupported:[errno=75]"

I am sure that I have set NCARG_ROOT, PATH and LIB environment variables correctly.

So I am writing to ask for help. I am unable to find out the problem. Where is the rgb color database, and how to link it?

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Funing