[ncl-talk] Reading and computation efficiency

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:19:07 MDT 2016

Hey Dennis,
I decided to test the code on a subset of the original data (only 5x5 points in the horizontal). Now that I have the “final” version I’m using the complete dataset: it takes about 15 minutes to do all the computation.
I need RH only to compute dew point: in the first version of the script I was directly computing Td from temperature and pressure using an approximate formula, but I thought of using a more appropriate formulation, thus the relhum function.
I don’t think there’s room for any improvements.

Thanks for the answer!

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>