[ncl-talk] Color vector plot using a scalar field

Liang Guo liang.guo.81 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:22:48 MDT 2016

DearAll,

Currently, I am trying to color a vector plot using a scalar field. I found
a great example on NCL Examples, i.e., vector_4.ncl (
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/vector_4.ncl).

Based on this example, I would like to have a bit more control over the
color. Therefore, I tries resources that are used to control contours,
e.g.,  cnLevelSelectionMode, cnMinLevelValF, cnLevelSpacingF, etc.

Unforturnately, I have been given warnings like followings:
warning:cnLevelSelectionMode is not a valid resource
warning:cnMinLevelValF is not a valid resource

Could anyone who knows how to solve this problem shines some lights upon me?

NCL-talk may already answered similar problems before. I googled it and
could not find any :(

Forgive my laziness.

Best regards,
Liang