[ncl-talk] Plotting India meteorological zones

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 1 08:24:42 MDT 2016

We do not have these files, unfortunately. The point of this example is to
show how you might use your own ASCII file of lat/lon values in order to
add your own geographic outlines.

You can probably find a shapefile that contains the outlines you need. I
googled for "Meteorological Subdivisions of India shapefile" and found a
free file called "indian_met_zones v2.shp" that I was able to use.

Using that file, and the "IND_adm2.shp" shapefile downloaded from
gadm.org/country, I was able to produce the attached plot.

--Mary