[ncl-talk] Time average for a variable for all e_we s_sn dimensions in wrfout

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 21 09:50:41 MDT 2016

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/dim_avg_n_Wrap.shtml

Please read the documentation.

Untested .....
fa = addfile("wrfout_a....nc","r")
t2a = fa->T2
t2a_avg = dim_avg_n_Wrap(t2a, 0)
printVarSummary(t2a_avg)   ; south_north | ??] x [west_east | ??]

fb = addfile("wrfout_b....nc","r")
t2b = fb->T2
t2b_avg = dim_avg_n_Wrap(t2b, 0)
printVarSummary(t2b_avg)   ; south_north |??] x [west_east | ??]

t2_diff = t2b-t2a
copy_VarMeta(t2a_avg, t2_diff)
t2_diff at long_name = "T2 Difference"
t2_diff at units = t2a at units
printVarSummary(t2_diff)     ; south_north |??] x [west_east | ??]

If you are new to NCL .... Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

Please see the DKRZ tutorials and the Mini-Language Manual