[ncl-talk] problem at NCL

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Wed Jul 20 04:11:08 MDT 2016

Hi Maryam,

I'm a little bit confused about your script. The AFR-44 data must have
time, lat and lon dimensions so the complete defining and assigning of
time, lat and lon to the variable pre is not needed. You can read them
directly

time = f->time
lat  = f->lat
lon  = f->lon

After creating a contour plot of variable pre there is an exit call and
NCL will stop directly without executing the rest of your script. But
looking at the rest why are you overwriting your variable pre with
random data? You will use the random data to define the new variable data!??

By the way, if you are running NCL 6.3.0 you do not need to load the
gsn_code.ncl, gsn_csm.ncl and contributed.ncl libraries anymore.

Bye,
Karin

Am 20.07.16 um 05:57 schrieb mkarimian59 at yahoo.com:
> Dear All
> I want to write a script at NCL for convert nc file to ascii file.
> I studied ncl-talk and another example at NCL site. I get more
> information but I have a problem.
> I want to write a script that it can able to inform following task:
> 1- open nc file and read it
> 2- extract data below:
> lat    lon   pre
> for example: 30  50   20
> 3- write these information to inform of ascii file.
> I try to write a script but I have a problem at run it. I send this
> script for you.
> Please kindly see this and guide me.
> Thanks in advance
> regard
> maryam
> //
>
> /Maryam Karimian
> Climate change and Climat modeling division
> Climatological Research Institute (CRI)
> /
> /Email: mkarimian59 at yahoo.com
> <http://us.mc320.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=r_modiriyan@yahoo.com>
> Sento Highway, Next to Torogh Road-Police Station
>   Mashad 91735 - 676 , Islamic Republic of Iran/

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Visualization, NCL
Application Support

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstrasse 45a - D20146 Hamburg - Germany

Phone:    +49 (0)40 460094 126
Fax:      +49 (0)40 460094 270
E-Mail:   meier-fleischer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784