[ncl-talk] problem labelling longitudes with increment <1deg

Vollaro, David dvollaro at albany.edu
Mon Jul 18 14:51:31 MDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to plot a contour map for a small area and am trying to get the Longitude labels to plot every tenth deg.  Setting res at gsnMajorLonSpacing    <1 results in an error.  Looking into the talk archives, I noticed a workaround using add_map_tickmarks.  This seems to work for the test version when I change the map area and lon labels to what I want.  However, when I try to incorperate it into a program that uses contour mapping(ie  gsn_csm_contour_map) I get the following errors, before it even reaches the add_map_tickmarks function:

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 5930 in file /man2/ncl63/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 7107 in file /man2/ncl63/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 10599 in file /man2/ncl63/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 343 in file tst1.ncl

I am running ncl6.3.0 and am attaching the script.  Thanks for your help.

Dave Vollaro