[ncl-talk] Issue plotting png OSX 10.11.5

Alexander Schaefer aschae11 at uncc.edu
Fri Jul 15 10:46:34 MDT 2016

Hi all-

I am plotting some hdf files and getting the correct plot when I have the workstation type set to PDF but when I switch it to PNG it crashes. This is what prints out:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address
  Referenced from: /usr/local/ncarg/bin/ncl
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address
  Referenced from: /usr/local/ncarg/bin/ncl
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Google was of no help in this case!

Does anyone know why this happens when switching to PNGs and how it can be fixed?  Sometimes you just want a PNG instead of a PDF.

Running OS X 10.11.5
NCL V 6.3.0

Thanks,
-Alex