[ncl-talk] Legend in multiple columns

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Jul 10 18:20:24 MDT 2016

There's no way to break up the legend that comes with an XY plot (the one
that's controlled by NCL's "plot manager").

If you want to customize your legend, then I suggest creating your own
legend with gsn_create_legend or gsn_legend_ndc. We have some examples at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/legend.shtml

Another legend example is example annotate_4.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/annotate.shtml#ex4

--Mary