[ncl-talk] PV on isopycnal surfaces

Giorgio Graffino giorgio.graffino at alice.it
Fri Jul 1 09:50:59 MDT 2016

Dear NCL users,
I'm using NCL (version 6.2.0) on a Linux cluster.

I'm basically trying to reproduce with NCL what is explained here using Ferret (http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/faq/depth-axis-to-density-axis), through the function ZAXREPLACE. My aim is to have potential vorticity in density coordinate, in order to plot PV values on isopycnal surfaces.
Up to date, I tried to use int2p, but results are not the same I got with Ferret. I'd like to know if there is another method I could use. I attach my script, in which I compute PV, I change vertical axis, and then I put the outcome in a netcdf file. If you need also input and output files, I can upload them in ftp.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Giorgio