[ncl-talk] Average values over a specified region

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Tue Jan 26 07:04:49 MST 2016

Hi Krishna,

you can use the function *closest_val* to retrieve an index of an value.

   lat13  =  closest_val(13,lat)
   lon80  =  closest_val(80,lon)

   print("Index: "+lat13+" -  "+lat(lat13))
   print("Index: "+lon80+" -  "+lon(lon80))

To plot 2 more grid boxes of lat/lon than you can use e.g.

   plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks, var(lat13-2:lat13+2,lon80-2:lon80+2),res)

Bye,
Karin