[ncl-talk] White dashed border

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 25 14:57:36 MST 2016

Matt,

It is is hard to tell from the partial graphic what this dashed border
might be coming from.

I would check for any NCL graphics resource name that ends in "DashPattern"
or "DashPattern".  Here are some samples:

cnGridBoundPerimDashPattern
cnLineDashPattern
cnLineDashPatterns
cnMissingValPerimDashPattern
cnMonoLineDashPattern
cnOutOfRangePerimDashPattern
gsEdgeDashPattern
gsLineDashPattern
lbBoxLineDashPattern
lbPerimDashPattern
lgBoxLineDashPattern
lgPerimDashPattern
mpGridLineDashPattern
mpLimbLineDashPattern
mpPerimLineDashPattern
tmXMajorGridLineDashPattern
tmXMinorGridLineDashPattern
tmYMajorGridLineDashPattern
tmYMinorGridLineDashPattern
txPerimDashPattern
wkDashPattern
xyDashPattern
xyDashPatterns
xyMonoDashPattern

Second, take a look at our predefined table of dash patterns:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/dashpatterns.png

I would say your dash pattern looks like #1, 12, or 16 in this table, so
look for any "DashPattern" resource that is being set to 1, 12, or 16.

It is possible to define your own dash pattern, so if you don't see 1, 12,
or 16, then look for a call to NhlNewDashPattern, and see if its return
value is being used for any of the above resources.

--Mary