[ncl-talk] triple2grid function problem solved?

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 21 08:23:58 MST 2016

Ummmm, my bad.

There is a JIRA ticket on this:  NCL-1504

I know I looked at the code. As I recall, I could not find the issue.
Then, I got busy. Chad said he had an alternate method so I guess it
went to the bottom of my list-of-things-to-do. I never followed up.  I
will look but (again) I have some other things to do. Likely, next
week.

----
That said:

 The ESMF regrid tool has the ability to take triplets and perform
nearest-neighbor, bilinear & patch  regridding. Specifically:

[1]  ESMF 21 illustrates use of triplets via the bilinear & patch methods.

[2] ESMF_regrid_10_neareststod.ncl uses unstructured model data but
think of these as 'stations'

    Opt at WgtFileName     = "Karin_WgtFile.nc"
    Opt at ForceOverwrite  = True

    Opt at SrcGridLat      = latStation                 ; can be 'random
    Opt at SrcGridLon      = lonStation

If you are using ESMF and the source triplets are always the same, I'd
suggest saving a weight file Then use this in later applications.

---
Actually, a bit more information about your specific problem might be
of some help.

THX