[ncl-talk] hovmoller plotting issue using high-resolution data

Jeremy Berman jdberman at albany.edu
Wed Feb 24 14:00:11 MST 2016

Thanks Alan for the reply and input, as well as to Jack.

I indeed only have 12 time elements available, and can create more or less spatial elements (currently there are 167). However it appears that, regardless of the plotting program (I've tried Python as well with the same result), that the small time dimension (which I can't add more available times) makes it difficult to get this signal without the result that NCL is plotting in the top right. And I do not think I have the energy to manipulate NCL's plotting procedure to change how it does the contour filling for my case.

If anyone does think of a solution to interpolate the steps in-between the positive sensitivity values in the top right, please let me know. Otherwise I will try and think of alternative methods to get the signal.

But I will say: Thank you to all on NCL-Talk for your attention and input. I appreciate your insights.

Best Wishes,
Jeremy