[ncl-talk] annotated map on contour plot is transparent rather than white

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:14:10 MST 2016

I’m pretty sure that the problem relies in the difference between xy plot object and map object. The function that I gave you tries to fill the space between lines with the specified color. However, when map object is passed to the function, it is not able to find the lines so that it doesn’t fill the space between…but that’s just my guess.

Unfortunately now I can’t see your original plot attached, but have you tried playing around with the map resources so that land/ocean area are filled with color? (mpFillOn=True) Is there a particular reason why are you using False?

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>