[ncl-talk] resource in panel (map size)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 16 22:28:46 MST 2016

I would need to see how you are creating this panel plot, but my guess is
that you could tweak the "gsnPanelRight" resource a bit to decrease the
white space on the right side.

Also, you could try making the labelbars smaller.

Unfortunately, maximize_output doesn't work with PNG images, which is
something I need to look into. What I've had to do with plots like this, if
you are going straight to a PNG, is to increase the size of the PNG using
wkWidth/wkHeight, and then use "convert" to trim the white space from the
PNG.

We have a JIRA ticket open for allowing better manipulation of PNG images,
but it's apparently not a trivial piece of code to update, because NCL
wants to draw everything to a square canvas.

--Mary