[ncl-talk] how to fill in between two curves? Please help to sort this out

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Fri Feb 12 09:58:08 MST 2016

You need to pass both curves to a single plotting call so it knows where to fill.  e.g.

wks = gsn_open_wks("X11","")

x = fspan(1,10,50)
y = sin(x)
y1 = sin(x)+2

res = True
res at gsnXYFillColors = "Red"

plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks, x, (/y,y1/), res)

so in your case

….
res at xyLineColor          = colors(0)
res at gsnXYFillColors = colors(0)
plot0 = gsn_csm_xy(wks,x,(/fldmeanx, fidmeany/),res)

….

 then delete the following plot and overlay as it’s no longer needed.

Any problems, reply to ncl-talk with updated questions and code.

Alan Brammer,
Post-Doc Researcher

Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences,
University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY, 12222
abrammer at albany.edu