[ncl-talk] Data conversion

Benjamin Alabi alabibenjamin2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:09:05 MST 2016

Thanks alot for your assistance.

I added the following before ' Begin' as you have instructed me
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

After running it, it's generated the following error:

fatal:syntax error: line 3232 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(x, advect)
---------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3255 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 3364 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(X, Xdp)
------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3400 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 3478 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
--------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3482 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 3573 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,s)
---------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3576 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 3666 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
--------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 3706 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,pv)
----------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3709 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 3802 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t, theta)
--------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 3813 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,s)
---------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 3852 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t,pv)
----------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 3855 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 4205 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
      copy_VarCoords(runs(0,:,:), maxrun)
-----------------------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 4210 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:syntax error: line 4254 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(t, dthdz)
--------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 4261 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(u, brunt)
--------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 4267 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(u, dudz)
-------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 4273 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(v, dvdz)
-------------------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:syntax error: line 4279 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl before or near \n
  copy_VarCoords(u, Ri)

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:error at line 4284 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/shea_util.ncl

fatal:ContourPlotDraw: Workspace reallocation would exceed maximum size
100000000
fatal:ContourPlotDraw: draw error
warning:WorkstationDeactivate: workstation not active or not opened