[ncl-talk] Data conversion

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:29:04 MST 2016

Dear Benjamin,

1) this is not really NCL-related stuff, so you shouldn’t use this mailing list.
2) what you are asking is really basic and could be solved by simply searching on google.

Anyway, if you need help you should give more detailed information. The string 'merg_2012091000_4km-pixel.Z’ is obviously NOT a data format (grib, nc, etc.) but, just guessing, some comment in the file history. You should try to discover firstly the type of data either from the extension or just running cdo commands. Please see here: https://code.zmaw.de/projects/cdo/wiki/Tutorial <https://code.zmaw.de/projects/cdo/wiki/Tutorial>.

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista.org <http://guidocioni.altervista.org/>