[ncl-talk] Question about adding location dots

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:01:49 MST 2016

Hi:

The problem with this suggestion (I think) to loop is that I am not sure
how to include the ncities parameter.

These variables were originally defined this way.

  textid  = new(ncities,graphic)   ; Create array to hold text objects
  markid  = new(ncities,graphic)   ; Create array to hold marker objects

If I define and loop as you suggest below, then I get an error that the LHS
and RHS dimensions do not match (after commenting out two lines above, and
including the definitions for markid and textid similar to plot.

fatal:Dimension sizes on right hand side of assignment do not match
dimension sizes of left hand side
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 549 in
file ./wrf_gsn_loop_t_light_ave_prob.ncl

Barry