[ncl-talk] How to upgrade ncl version 6.1.0 to 6.3

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 19 14:10:04 MST 2016

Hi Ana,

Did you visit our download instructions?

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

Upgrading to a newer version of NCL involves installing a whole new version
of NCL.  It's not an "incremental" upgrade where only a few files are
replaced.

There are two ways to install NCL V6.3.0:

1) Follow the conda instructions on the above page (this is the easier
method).

2) If you want the more traditional method of installing NCL, then go to
this page:

https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/dataset/ncl.630.1/file.html

and download the "ncl_ncarg-6.3.0.MacOS_10.10_64bit_nodap_gcc492.tar.gz
<https://www.earthsystemgrid.org/download/fileDownload.html?logicalFileId=81ff6204-cd9b-11e4-bb80-00c0f03d5b7c>"
file.

The above URL tells you how to install NCL from this file.

--Mary