[ncl-talk] Land Mask

Jake Huff jake.huff at stonybrook.edu
Mon Dec 19 12:19:39 MST 2016

Hello,

I found that the CERES.HiResLandSeaMask was useful in that it includes many
of the islands near the Caribbean that I was interested in. The only
problem I have now is that I need to compare that lat/lon grid to the one
from the International Best Track Archive for Climate Stewardship (IBTrACS)
which is on a tenth degree grid. Is there a way for me to transform the
CERES grid to match the IBTrACS?

I am attaching the code I am trying to use to get the grid I want (it is
from the landsea_mask example 5). The attached pdf shows what I get for
land in red on the first page and the second page is the original CERES
landsea mask, so I clearly have a problem somewhere with how I am
interpolating to the grid I want.

Thanks,
Jake