[ncl-talk] plot orientation

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 16 14:38:22 MST 2016

Hi Michael,

For LambertConformal, you also need to specify the mpLambertMeridianF,
mpLambertParallel1F, and mpLambertParallel2F (which can be the same as
mpLambertParallel1F).  For the netcdf data coming directly out of the WRF
model for HRRR runs, I believe these are the settings:

mpLambertMeridianF = -97.5
mpLambertParallel1F = 38.5
mpLambertParallel2F = 38.5

I'm not sure if they re-grid the data after it comes out of WRF when they
write the Grib files in post-processing, but I'd guess it's the same map
projection parameters.  But, you should double check this with your actual
data and set the appropriate values.

Hope this helps,

Bill