[ncl-talk] Area average of a variable from WRF output

Jose Augusto Paixão Veiga veiga.uea at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:50:17 MST 2016

Dear all,

I would appreciate if someone could share a NCL script example that
calculates the area average of precipitation from a WRF domain (or a
specific area average inside a domain).

I've used an example from
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wgt_areaave.shtml
website. However, I've reached no success. After that, I "googled" for help
in tis issue but with no exit again.

The script I've used as an initial test is attached. The error is presented
bellow:

fatal:["Execute.c":5773]:variable (GWGT) is not in file (f)

fatal:["Execute.c":7743]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 20 in file
media-area2.ncl

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks

PS: My objective is to plot area averaged precipitation total versus time
integration.

​*Prof. José Augusto Paixão Veiga (CREA n.: 24161)*

*Coordenador de Projetos Institucionais*
Universidade do Estado do Amazonas
​(UEA)​

Pró-Reitoria de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação - PROPESP​
Av. Djalma Batista, 3578, Manaus-AM Brasil
(92)
​3646-7297

Departamento de Meteorologia
​ -​

Escola Superior de Tecnologia (EST)
Av. Darcy Vargas, 1200, Manaus-AM Brasil
(92) ​
3878
​-​
4317