[ncl-talk] Bootstrapping method for significant test

Anahita Amiri Farahani aamir003 at ucr.edu
Wed Dec 14 19:02:48 MST 2016

Thanks a lot, your answer was really helpful and I have another question:

Before I use regCoef function in NCL to calculate linear regression. Using
this function gives other variables such as rcraw_npt, and  rcraw_tval, so
I was able to calculate significance at 95%, 90% and 99% confidence level.
I've put that part of the code here:

do k=0,2999

   ab = regCoef(AI_fall(:,k),Nd_fall(:,k))
    rcraw_npt=ab at nptxy-2
    rcraw_tval=ab at tval
    b    = rcraw_tval
    b    = 0.5
    rcraw_npt=where(rcraw_npt.lt.1,1,rcraw_npt)
    rcraw_prob = (1 -
betainc(rcraw_npt/(rcraw_npt+rcraw_tval^2),rcraw_npt/2.0,b) )
    sig_fall(k)=where(rcraw_prob.lt.0.95,-999,rcraw_prob)

end do

How can I calculate the significance at different confidence level here by
using xBoot?

Best,
Ana