[ncl-talk] Panel Plots problem

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 13 11:18:51 MST 2016

Hi Geeta,
NCL will not distort the map areas shown to make each paneled plot the same
size unless you tell it to. To do this you can set the
mpShapeMode/vpWidthF/vpHeightF resources as is shown in example #6 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/viewport.shtml#ex6

Note that that example bases the vpWidthF/vpHeightF settings for the second
plot off of the first by drawing/advancing the frame (using gsn_panel) and
then retrieving the width/height of the first plot. You do not need to do
this. You can simply set vpWidthF/vpHeightF to whatever you want (and of
course set mpShapeMode = "FreeAspect").

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions please write to the
ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Geeta Geeta <geetag54 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am making a panel plot in which for each figure, I have different ranges
> of lat/lon.
> I donot know why the plots are not of same size.
>

> thanks
>
> Geeta.

Adam Phillips