[ncl-talk] Change LabelBar size in the pres-height plot

Dong, Bo bdong at albany.edu
Fri Dec 9 13:12:56 MST 2016

Hi Mary,

I did the same resources setting as that in your script, but it still doesn't work. I did both x11 window and png, but neither one changes the colorbar. My code are as following (also attached as a script). It's running on NCL6.1.2.  So confused why it doesn't do the job...

f  = addfile("pres_height_test_data.nc","r")
mv = f->mv
rcdivv = f->rcdivv
rcwv = f->rcwv
;-------------------------------------------------------------
wks   = gsn_open_wks("x11","labelbartest")

res = True
res at cnLineLabelsOn          = False
res at cnInfoLabelOn           = False
res at cnFillOn             = True
res at cnFillPalette           = "BlAqGrYeOrRevi200"
res at vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF  = -0.04          ; move reference vec up
res at vcRefMagnitudeF           = 0.2           ; define vector ref mag
res at vcRefLengthF              = 0.05          ; define length of vec ref
res at pmLabelBarWidthF      = 0.8               ; default is shorter
res at pmLabelBarHeightF     = 0.4               ; default is taller
res at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = -0.05          ; move color label bar up

plot  = gsn_csm_pres_hgt_vector(wks,mv(0,:,:),rcdivv(0,:,:),rcwv(0,:,:),res)

thanks,
Bo