[ncl-talk] Problems with shape files with time loop

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 2 14:11:56 MST 2016

Hi José,
It looks like the plot is being drawn and the frame advanced (=the page
flipped) after your call to wrf_map_overlays. Try adding this resource to
your pltres resource list:
pltres at PanelPlot = True

This tells NCL to not draw the plot and to not advance the frame. This will
allow you to attach the shapefile polylines later on and to manually call
draw and frame as you are already doing. You can see more about this on the
wrf_map_overlays documentation here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_map_overlays.shtml

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Jose Augusto Paixão Veiga <
veiga.uea at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> the attached script (dBZ-loopt-shapes.ncl) deals with a max dBZ
> computation along with a loop in time. In this case I include the shape
> file of the region of my interest. The script works fine. However, the
> output of this program display two individual figures in the same file (see
> figure.pdf) instead of give me just one figure with max dBz and the country
> limits (as we can see in the attached example in teste.pdf ).
>
> Could some one tell me what should be happening and put me in the right
> way?
>
> Regards,

> ​*Prof. José Augusto Paixão Veiga (CREA n.: 24161)*
>
> *Coordenador de Projetos Institucionais*
> Universidade do Estado do Amazonas
> ​(UEA)​
>
> Pró-Reitoria de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação - PROPESP​
> Av. Djalma Batista, 3578, Manaus-AM Brasil
> (92)
> ​3646-7297
>
> Departamento de Meteorologia
> ​ -​
>
> Escola Superior de Tecnologia (EST)
> Av. Darcy Vargas, 1200, Manaus-AM Brasil
> (92) ​
> 3878
> ​-​
> 4317