[ncl-talk] NCL-talk: streamfunction

hshp at mail.iap.ac.cn hshp at mail.iap.ac.cn
Thu Dec 1 04:50:12 MST 2016

Dear NCL group,

    I am using the version of NCL 6.3 and the type of my system is Windows 7.
I used the function of "uv2sfvpf" to calculate the difference of streamfunction between 1999-2012 and 1979-1998 NDJFM. However, the results are much different from the ones derived by Kevin et al. (2014: Seasonal aspects of the recent pause in surface warming, Figure 5a). Only some similarities appear at lower latitudes.
   Can you explain why? Or is there anything that we should aware when we use the function of "uv2sfvpf".
Best regards.

Dr. Shengping He, Research Assistant
Climate Change Research Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel: +861082995191
E-mail:hshp at mail.iap.ac.cn

--
贺圣平,博士,助理研究员