[ncl-talk] best way to overlay two color filled contour maps?

xiaoming Hu yuanfangcan at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:10:40 MDT 2016

I actually looked at those pages. See what I got               using my script of http://www.caps.ou.edu/micronet/YangYi/WRF_QTT/V3.7.1/wrfERA2d_Sichuan_forQTT_UCM_YSU.2014070912/plot_totalRain_daily_spatial.ncl
Apparently it is not as nice as               There are a few issues, 1. I need the two contour maps using different colormaps, one is gsdtol, the other is BlAqGrYeOrReVi2002. In the exemplary figure, the overlay is done not through Opacity setting, but setting the 1st color transparent.   If I set gsn_define_colormap(wks,"BlAqGrYeOrReVi200") , how can I make the fist used color transparent?
ThanksXiaoming

CC: ncl-talk at ucar.edu; xhu at ou.edu