[ncl-talk] ContourPlotDraw and PlotManagerDraw error while ploting SST

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 29 14:28:13 MDT 2016

Amit,

Guido's answer is correct, and I wanted to point out that you can also set
this resource inside your NCL script. See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Language/error_messages.shtml#WorkspaceReallocation

The above also recommends trying raster contouring, if you have a large
array that you are trying to plot:

  res@*cnFillMode*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnFillMode>
= "RasterFill"
  res@*cnRasterSmoothingOn*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnRasterSmoothingOn>
= True   ; optional, but may produce better results

Try it first without the "cnRasterSmoothingOn" set to True. If it
looks too blocky, then add that resource

--Mary