[ncl-talk] Problem with Pressure/Height vs latitude Plots

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 22 13:54:16 MDT 2016

Soumik,

Under the hood, the gsn_csm_pres_hgt tries to overlay your Y axis on a log
Y axis.  If your pressure values are too irregularly spaced, then trying to
put the plot over a log axis may be a problem.

For debugging purposes, you can try calling gsn_csm_contour just to see if
you can create a basic contour plot.:

  plot(ii) = gsn_csm_
​contour​
(wks,sat_clim(ii,:,:),tres)

You won't get the height values, and your pressure axis won't be reversed
or "log"'d, but at least you can see if the contours look okay.

Also, you may want to look at the pressure coordinate values that you
calculated to make sure they look reasonable.

--Mary