[ncl-talk] plotting two variables in the same plot.

Geeta Geeta geetag54 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 07:55:42 MDT 2016

I am plotting the orbital data (rain rate) from TRMM. In this data, lat and lon are itself 2 dim. Rainrate is a 3 dim variable and is varying as per nscan (data along the swath, 9248), npix (49), and nlevel (80).   I have extracted all the points within a domain (5-20N/72-84E) which exceed a rain rate of 30mm/hr.  I got a number of adjacent points where the rain rate is exceeding the above mentioned threshold (RF.txt20080402 file attached. 1st column is rain rate, 2nd column is NSCAN, 3rd column is NPIX and 4th column is NLEVEL.
I been able to get a plot of height vs longitudes (nscan) for a fixed point (say 2870/26 where 2870 is nscan and 26 is the npix for which rainrate is more than 30mm/hr..plot attached). Now I wish to add ht vs longitude plot for the adjacent point say 2871/26 too in the SAME plot. But two separate plots are created. I dont know how to go about doing this.   Pls suggest.