[ncl-talk] Legend in panel plot

jagan TNAU jagan at tnau.ac.in
Fri Aug 19 09:36:00 MDT 2016

Dear NCL users,

I am trying a panel plot of Aridity Index of a specific regions with its
sub divisions. The original script was provided to me by Mary. There is no
issue in generating panel plots. However, I want to display contour levels
as there is a suggested classification for the Aridity Index as below

Arid   0-10
Semi-arid 11-20
Mediterranean 21-24
Semi-humid 25-28
Humid 29-35
Very Humid 36-55
Extremely Humid > 56

Through cnLevels resource and "ExplicitLevels" I was able to set levels
like res at cnLevels = (/0.,10.,20.,24.,28.,35.,55./). But I did not find any
examples that can use the range as above and use the legend class like
Arid, Semi Arid etc and not merely numbers.

Is it possible to create plots with legend with classification name as
above. Please find attached the script and plot I have created.

--
With regards

Dr.R.Jagannathan
Professor & Former Dean
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
Coimbatore - 641 003 India

PHONE:  Mob: +91 94438 89891

DO NOT PRINT THIS E-MAIL UNLESS NECESSARY. THE ENVIRONMENT CONCERNS US ALL.