[ncl-talk] Manually set colors for station datapoints (markers) over a map

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:46:52 MDT 2016

Hi

I've got some station data to plot over a map. The following example script
looks like the nearest to what I want:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/station_2.ncl

I'm actually able to plot my data by slightly modifying this script but
have no control over the colors of the markers and legend. How can I set my
own colors?

This is important because I want to match these colors with the colorscale
of my model output (gridded data) contour plots.

Thanks

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom