[ncl-talk] *addfiles* function to span multiple files

Michele Petrini mpetrini139 at yahoo.it
Fri Aug 12 03:43:43 MDT 2016

Dear NCL helpdesk,

I have a question re the *addfiles* function. I am using this function
in order to read data from an ensemble of 101 NetCDF files - let's say
from /simulation000/./nc/ to /simulation100/./nc/.

My question is, what is the order the files are read with? Can I assume
is from 000 to 100 if I have

  all_files =*systemfunc*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/systemfunc.shtml>  ("ls ./simulation*.nc")
      fall      =*addfiles*  (all_files, "r")

I ask this because I had a missing value error for the last file - but
simulation100.nc file seems to be ok. Do you have any clue why this
could happen?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards
Michele Petrini

--

***
Michele Petrini

Ph.D. student in Earth Science and Fluid Mechanics

Università degli studi di Trieste,
Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Palazzina C - via Weiss 1, 34128 Trieste, Italy

Email:mpetrini139 at yahoo.it
Skype: michele.petrins
Mobile: +39 3398367372