[ncl-talk] reshape function and averaging

Ramchandra Karki rammetro at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:41:25 MDT 2016

 Dear NCL users,I am bit confused with reshape function in NCL.I have an hourly wrf output for 30days with 720 time stamp. and I want to get hourly average of 30 days 2m Temperature data as each 0, 1, 2, .....................23 hour average values. (or 24 values in total) I have array as (ntime, nlat, nlon) number of time, latitude and longitude points for variable Tthen i defined ndays = ntime/2and reshape as Re3d    = reshape(T, (/ndays,24, nlat, nlon/))  ; i am confused with putting 24 at first array or second then averaged asRe3d_avg = dim_avg_n_Wrap(Re3d,0)
would it correctly produce the hourly average for each hour or i am doing it in wrong way. I would be grateful if somebody could kindly suggest me the right way.
Regards
Ramchandra Karki