[ncl-talk] labeling color bar ends

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 1 14:21:52 MDT 2016

Hi Matt,

Since NCL has no way of knowing what the these top and bottom values are
(because they are open-ended), you will need to explicitly tell NCL to
label those external edges of the labelbar, and then provide the extra two
labels yourself.

See the third plot in example 14 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml#ex14

The two key resources you'll need to set are:

  res at lbLabelAlignment = "ExternalEdges"
  res at lbLabelStrings = ....    ; this has to be 2 more labels more than the
default.

-Mary