[ncl-talk] 91 model levels

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 25 11:23:45 MDT 2016

vinth2p uses one definition (Community Atmosphere Model) for hybrid levels.
Specifically:

       *p = a(k)*p0 + b(k)*ps*.

ECMWF uses another:

       *p = ap(k) + **b(k)*ps    where    [ap(k)=a(k)*p0]*

JMA (Japanese Meteorological Agency) uses a third method

      p(k) = *exp*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/exp.shtml>(
(1/dp(k))*(p(k-0.5)**log*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/log.shtml>(p(k-0.5)) -
p(k+0.5)**log*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/log.shtml>
(p(k+0.5))-1.0))

where the p(k-05) and p(k+0.5) represent the interface coefficients.

Hence, different coefficients. Try

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/vinth2p_ecmwf.shtml