[ncl-talk] WRF Domain plot: Overlay next domain box over a parent domain topography plot

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:22:14 MDT 2016

Hi

I've been using the standard example scripts plotgrids.ncl to preview
domain and wrf_wps_ter4.ncl
<http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/BASIC/wrf_wps_ter4.ncl>
to plot terrain. The first script reads in the namelist.wps while the
second one reads in the geo_em.d0x.nc file.

I need to plot the topography using the wrf_map_overlays() function just
the same way as in wrf_wps_ter4.ncl but I also need to overlay a box
depicting the next nest(s) like in plotgrids.ncl. How can I achieve that?

Thanks in advance!

Tabish

Tabish U Ansari
PhD student, Lancaster Environment Center
Lancaster Univeristy
Bailrigg, Lancaster,
LA1 4YW, United Kingdom