[ncl-talk] Join several netcdf files

Doumbia thiernodoumbia at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 14 08:58:09 MDT 2016

Dear ncl users,

I have several high resolution data (0.00833 x 0.00833 degree, about 0.86 km2 in the equator), representing different gas flaring regions in Africa (11 netcdf files). I am first regridding them to 0.1 x 0.1 degree using ESMP_regrid conserve method.

Now, I would like to join all of them to make one netcdf file. Let me precise that files have the same variable but the lat and lon dimension sizes differ between files.

Does anyone know how to combine these files ?

Please find attached two samples of my regridding data.

Also, I am wondering if the regredding method that I used is the best one for this type of data ?

Here are the command lines I used for the regridding.