[ncl-talk] NCL Error

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 12 07:06:48 MDT 2016

[1] If you are "new to NCL", please look at
http://test.www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

      (a) look at the 'Mini-Language Manual"
      (b) the DKRZ: NCL Tutorial Version 1.1
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8357888/homepage/tutoriais/ncl/NCL_Tutorial_V1.1.pdf>

===
"I am using a NAM model nc but I cannot find the actual temperature and
humidity for individual pressure levels."

Look at the file via:

ncdump -h NAM.nc | less
or, equivalently via
ncl_filedump NAM.nc | less

NAM files typically contain many variables. Some are at specific levels but
others may have to be extraced by the user. [That's you!]

Good luck