[ncl-talk] f2foshv_Wrap function do not match

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 11 13:44:49 MDT 2016

Hi Guilherme,
Thanks for sending in a short script and providing a data file so we can
test things out here. I think you have found a bug with the f2foshv_Wrap
procedure. I would recommend copying your version of contributed.ncl to a
local directory, and modify line 5651 from this:
nlat1= nlat-1
to this:
nlat1= nlat

Then, load the local contributed.ncl in your regular script and run it. I
ran a brief test here and the plots looked good, but you should check your
results as well.

I will file a JIRA ticket about this. Let me know if you have any questions
about what I recommended above.
Adam

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 5:42 AM, Guilherme Martins <jgmsantos at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Trying to use the f2foshv_Wrap function, I get the messege below.
>
> fatal:Dimension sizes of left hand side and right hand side of assignment
> do not match
>
> According to the link:
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/f2foshv_Wrap.shtml
>
> The result (uoff;voff) has the same same size dimensions of ure;vreg except
> the latitude dimension must have one less element.
>
> Declaring my variables:
>
> nt = 3
> nz = 12
> ny = 72
> nx = 144
>
> uN = new((/nt,nz,ny,nx/),typeof(u))
> vN = new((/nt,nz,ny,nx/),typeof(v))
>
> The latitude has one less element than original file.
>
> I can't understand where is my error.
>
> The input file (uwnd.vwnd.nc) can be downloaded at:
>
> http://ftp-supercomputacao.inpe.br/public/jose.martins/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guilherme.

> Dr. Guilherme Martins
> Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE)
> Centro de Ciência do Sistema Terrestre (CCST) - Prédio CES
> Grupo de Superfície-Biosfera-Atmosfera (GSBA)
> Telefone (INPE/CP): +55 12 3186-9520 || Celular (TIM): +55 12 98152-8580
> E-mail: guilherme.martins at inpe.br || jgmsantos at gmail.com
> Skype: guilherme.martins.
> Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/jgmsantos
> Currículo Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/5997657584785803