[ncl-talk] NaN value using the wrf_cape_2d function

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 7 12:11:51 MDT 2016

Ideally 'filling-in' a grid would be based o physical principles (eg:
standard atmosphers) for vertical filling of T, Z. Other variables are
problematic.

When extending beyond boundaries (horizontal or vertical), remember the
adage: extrapolation is dangerous!

On the Application page under 'Data Analysis', please see "Grid Filling".
There are some examples.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/grid_fill.shtml

Note: the poisson_grid_fill is 'pretty good' at filling in horizontal gaps
in arrays.

However, you should carefully look at results.

Good luck