[ncl-talk] is there a function similar with bin_sum?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 4 10:45:37 MDT 2016

Yun,

I'm sorry somebody didn't get back to you sooner.

I don't know much about bin_sum, but I'm pretty sure we don't have a
curvilinear version.

However, you might be able to speed up your loop calculations simply by
getting rid of the loop entirely or moving as much of the code out of the
loop as possible. You can take advantage of NCL's array arithmetic
capabilities, which could significantly speed up your routine. If you could
send us the loop snippet, then we'll see if it can be improved.

Or, if you need to go the Fortran route, then you can use WRAPIT:

 https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml

Please post back to ncl-talk if you have further questions about this.

--Mary