[ncl-talk] Animation script hanging after set number of frames

Noah Brenowitz noah at cims.nyu.edu
Tue Sep 29 14:51:40 MDT 2015

I am a beginning NCL user, and I have been working on a script which
iterates through the time samples of a netcdf file, plots some things, and
saves the pngs to a folder "frames/".

Unfortunately, my script hangs after exactly 94 frames every time I run it.
I have checked the memory usage of the NCL process using "top", and it is
only using around 4% of the available memory. So there aren't any leaks.

I have attached the script file. I appreciate your help with this issue.

Thanks,
Noah Brenowitz