[ncl-talk] Discrete Color Bar

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Sep 27 18:27:16 MDT 2015

Hi Jonathan,

NCL always wants to contour using transitions, rather than discrete
values.  If you truly have discrete values, like an array of integers, then
you can get around this by selecting contour levels that straddle the
discrete values. You may also want to set lbLabelAlignment to "BoxCenter"
and lbLabelStrings to select the appropriate labels, since you probably
don't want the labels used for the contour levels.

I've included a script which uses dummy data, so you can run it as is.  Let
me know if this doesn't answer your question.

--Mary